1. Abolition of property in land and application of all rents of land to public
2. A heavy progressive or graduated income tax.
3. Abolition of all rights of inheritance.
4. Confiscation of the property of all emigrants and rebels.
5. Centralisation of credit in the hands of the state, by means of a national
bank with State capital and an exclusive monopoly.
6. Centralisation of the means of communication and transport in the hands
of the State.
7. Extension of factories and instruments of production owned by the State;
the bringing into cultivation of waste-lands, and the improvement of the
soil generally in accordance with a common plan.
8. Equal liability of all to work. Establishment of industrial armies, especially
9. Combination of agriculture with manufacturing industries; gradual abolition
of all the distinction between town and country by a more equable distribution
of the populace over the country.
10. Free education for all children in public schools. Abolition of children’s
factory labour in its present form. Combination of education with industrial
production, &c, &c.
you will note that #2, 5 and 10 have been pretty much fully implemented. they're working on #3 and 4 ( drug property seizures ).
in addition, you will note that there is no mention of Social Security, MediCare / MedicAid, Welfare or Minimum Wage ( although i suppose these last two could fall under 'Equal liability of all to work' ). due to Federal road funding, they've also pretty much got complete control of the 'means of transport'.
congratulations, people. we've got a pretty Communist society going right now.